Saturday, April 25, 2009

18 Weeks

I will be 18 weeks pregnant tomorrow! This Wednesday is our BIG ultrasound and I cannot wait to know the answer to the big question. Will I be playing with trucks and attending t-ball games for the next few years or playing with dolls and going to dance recitals? We will know in 4 days and I am SO excited. I pray that we get a good picture. I can’t wait to start working on the nursery, school will be out in five short weeks (Hallelujah…no really, praise God…I survived this year!) and after that the big project begins.
I have had a few interesting symptoms this week. First (and best) of all I have started feeling random “tap-tap-taps” at night when I am lying down. They are very light but I am pretty sure it’s our sweet baby I am feeling. I can’t wait to I feel them often and Daniel can feel them. Secondly, I now don’t go anywhere without a bottle of Tums…heartburn is no fun. Thirdly, on Tuesday at about 1:00 a.m. I woke up very nauseated and spent some time on the bathroom floor thinking I had gotten some kind of virus. After about an hour or so of this I feel asleep and woke up totally fine the next morning. This morning (Saturday) around 4:00a.m. I woke up with the same feelings and symptoms and actually threw up three times around 2:00 p.m. I feel much better now, although I still have a bit of a headache. Morning sickness showing up at 18 weeks? Surely not… I cannot wait to see our precious angel on Wednesday to know he/she is healthy and everything is okay.
Thank you God for protecting our child, help me to feel better and I pray that this sickness is not a reoccurring one (although even if it is I know it will all be worth it in a few short months).

No comments:

Post a Comment