Friday, July 2, 2010

Bible in 90 Days

Although I have been a Christian since I was six years old, I have never read the bible in its entirety. For twenty-two years I have had a relationship with my precious Savior but have not read the bible: His word, the instruction manual for this life.
I know it’s long…but not quite twenty-two years long. I have been convicted for years about this. If you combined them all how many hours have I spent watching T.V., on the computer, or doing countless other meaningless things? Surely I would shutter at the magnitude of time I have wasted. I bet I could have read the bible hundreds of times by now. My priorities are completely out of whack. My stomach lurches at the thought of standing before God before having read His word.
No more excuses.
I don’t believe it was an accident that I stumbled upon this blog at www.MomsToolbox.com and learned about the “Bible in 90 Days” challenge. I am feeling excited and overwhelmed about tackling this challenge. My time during Jackson’s naps, which unfortunately lately are short and unpredictable, and after he goes to bed is full of a myriad of tasks that I race to accomplish. How will I get everything done and successfully complete reading the bible in ninety days? Seriously, that wasn’t rhetorical.
I am blogging about this for two reasons:
1. I am hoping that maybe you want to join me on this journey. If you would go to www.MomsToolbox.com for details and let me know so that we can encourage each other.
2. I need the accountability and knowing I will have to post an update regarding my progress will hopefully help motivate me on the “I am exhausted, I have too much to do, I just need a day off” days.
I am feeling inspired and motivated! Pray it lasts. :) I know that the rewards that I will receive will greatly outweigh any sacrifices I have to make for the next ninety days. I’ll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment