Tuesday, July 28, 2009

2nd Baby Shower

Me and Linda at the shower.
My mom and the beautiful blanket she is making for Jackson.

My sisters

The wonderful hostesses (My Aunt Beverly, Aunt CeCe and Meme)

The beautiful cake that my friend Elizabeth made.

College friends and our "baby bumps".
Ariel- 39 weeks
Rachel-31 weeks
Elizabeth- 9 weeks
Shelley- 7 weeks
On Saturday I had my second baby shower. It was wonderful! I continue to be overwhelmed by the love, support and generosity we have received from our families and friends. Jackson's drawers and closet are filling up! :)
I cannot believe that our weekly countdown until his arrival is now in the single digits (9 weeks left) ...WOW! I know we will meet our little boy very soon. At my doctor's appointment today I was measuring three weeks ahead. I asked my doctor if this meant that the chances of him coming early were higher and she said not really. She said that she would schedule me for another ultrasound in a few weeks to recheck his size so we could discuss the possibility of induction or c-section. Daniel and I have discussed this and although our minds are not completely made up and we would never ignore medical advice from our doctor whom we completely trust, we do not think we want to do anything prior to our due date of September 28th. I have heard/read so many different things about babies measuring "big" and being induced early and having developmental issues due to their premature arrival (and not being as "big" as the ultrasound estimates). That is not a chance we want to take. I really hope for a vaginal delivery, but more than that I want Jackson to arrive in what ever way is safest for him. Daniel and I are hoping that Jackson makes his appearance before we have to make any of these decisions. Please continue to pray for our precious baby as he grows stronger each day and his arrival approaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment