Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Maternity Leave/ Letter to Jackson

Although I had planned to work until my due date (or until Jackson arrived) my maternity leave began this week. Because of the outbreak of the H1N1 virus at my school my doctor advised that I begin my maternity leave early. At first I was a little disappointed because I really have a great group this year and have had a wonderful first three weeks of school but after learning about the risks I am thankful to be at home resting and preparing for Jackson’s arrival. God is so good, each day I pray for his continued blessings on our family and sweet baby boy. It amazes me how throughout my life His plans far exceed my own and the love he bestows upon me even when I am so undeserving. My doctor informed me yesterday that if I wasn’t already on leave she would be putting me on leave because of the newest developments (see yesterday’s entry). It blows my mind that next week we will be holding our son.

Sweet Jackson,
Yesterday your Daddy and I learned that you will be arriving sometime next week. Although you will be three weeks early you are already a BIG boy! I couldn’t sleep last night because I can’t get you off my mind. I pray for you so often sometimes I think God must be saying “Okay Rachel, I heard that one already…” but I know he isn’t.
I know I will miss feeling your move around in my belly; your hiccups have been quite entertaining and always make me smile. Carrying you these last nine months has been a joy and now that we are a week from you being here it is so unreal. Your nursery is immaculate, your clothes are washed, birthing and breastfeeding classes attended, books read…I guess we are as ready as we can be. Being your Mom is a job that I take very seriously and the impact of that responsibility is beginning to hit me. I hope that every day you know how much you are loved and one day when you read these letters that you know how special you are to our family. Your Daddy and I wanted you so badly, prayed for you and our Savior heard our prayers and blessed us with you. I know the moment we see you and hold you will be unforgettable. Life is unpredictable, but I know one thing the love I feel for you now as real and overwhelming as it is… will only grow.
I can’t wait to hold you,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment