Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Update

I am in complete shock. Jackson will be here NEXT week! The ultrasound today showed that he currently weighs 8 pounds 3 ounces (at 36 weeks 1 day). It also showed that I have a lot of fluid. I have been having a lot of pressure and contractions and was thrilled to find that I am almost 2 centimeters dilated and beginning to efface. Because of the risk of cord prolapse if my water breaks on its own my doctor wants to get me to term (37 weeks) and then deliver. I will be going to the hospital Monday morning, (September 7th…Labor Day…) to have a non-stress test and to check my cervical progress. Depending on the results I may be admitted for induction that day. (She said to have our bags packed just in case.) If she doesn’t feel that it’s necessary to keep us that day we will schedule an induction for later in the week but either way we will be meeting our little boy next week. I am SO excited to meet our sweet baby. I asked her about my concerns about him being early and his lung development, she said that he should be fine but the risks of cord prolapse outweigh these concerns. Please keep us in your prayers, I’ll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment