Saturday, March 26, 2011

Day 72 S.O.A.P.

I realized it has been a while since I’ve shared a S.O.A.P.

God is moving, sweet friends. (He always is- even when we can’t feel Him.) Last time I read through the bible, I did it alone. Having the support, encouragement and wisdom of a group has made this journey through the bible even more powerful. I can’t get enough. I don’t want to.

I have a verse for you today that I believe is powerful and relevant, wherever you are at this moment.

S- Isaiah 43:1-2 “Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by my name; you are mine. When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you.”

Later in verse four God says:

“ …you are precious to me. You are honored, and I love you.”

O- God is speaking to the Israelites in these verses, and they were special to him. God redeemed them and called them by name to be those who belong to him.

We are important to God too, we are redeemed, and we belong to him.

A- The God of the universe says that we are precious to him, honored and that he loves us-wow. If that doesn’t overwhelm you, you might want to check your pulse.

Life sometimes bombards us with circumstances that shake us (relationships, financial issues, traumatic events, fears, strongholds, etc.) God tells us that when (not “if”, because we all will) we go through rivers of difficulty, we will not drown. When we walk through the fire, we will not be burned up. What an awesome promise. Life can be painful, but our merciful Savior gives us a promise that we will not be consumed. If you are in the midst of a trial, hold on to Jesus. You are precious to him, He loves you.

P- Thank you, sweet Jesus for the assurance that I am loved and regardless of how overwhelmed circumstances may make me feel, they do not have the power to consume me (unless I give it to them). May I remember your promise in Romans 8:28, “God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.” You have a purpose in the pain that we experience or you never would allow it. Give me strength to persevere.

The thought of bowing before you one day is almost more than I can bear. Oh, how I long for that day. Until then, may I please you- in joyous times and times of trial.

No comments:

Post a Comment