Thursday, March 10, 2011

Playdough Soup

It’s been so long since my last blog that I don’t even know where to start. Here’s a quick update: reading through the Bible is going wonderfully and we are almost to the half-way point (yippee!) AND Jackson is now one and a half *sigh*, more on both of those later.

On Tuesday, I asked Jackson what he would like to do today to celebrate turning one and a half. I was expecting him to want to go to the park or feed the ducks at the bay. His wish was to eat noodles off a fish plate. Not exactly what I expected, but Mommy made it happen.

We took a trip Clanton, AL to visit dear friends and went to the Montgomery Zoo where we froze our bottoms off and fed giraffes! Here are some pictures of our adventure.


This is a first for me. I am not a take-a-picture-of –my-food kind of girl. When I see others post pictures of their dinner I think it’s odd- or I used to. I think more than anything I’m jealous that my dinners are not photo-shoot worthy. Well, (drum roll please) I was so proud of this dinner I took a picture. (Here’s the recipe- it was super yummy.)

I was so thrilled at how cooperative Jackson was while I prepared dinner. He sat beside me in his high-chair playing with playdough. He was making snakes and balls and having a blast. He was trying to tell me something about milk and playdough when I turned around to see this.

It turns out he was saying “Playdough drinks milk.”- Eeewww. What you can't see in this playdough container is that it is now playdough soup. Oh well, it’s a small price to pay for preparing a meal without having a toddler wrapped around your ankles.

Daniel showed up with a surprise for his little boy tonight. Although they’re a bit too big, Jackson loves them and can’t wait to wear his “cool shoes”.

I have much more to say but I can’t bring myself to since I have dishes that need to be washed, a Bible that needs to be read, exercise that needs to be done (but probably won’t) and a handsome husband in the other room.

I’ll leave you with this video I shot today of Jackson doing one of his favorite things: “driving” Mommy’s car.


1 comment: