Thursday, September 8, 2011

He's TWO!

Daniel and I were looking forward to filling Jackson's room with balloons as he slept last night so he would wake to a birthday surprise. Unfortunately he woke as we were filling his room in the middle of the night. He said, "Mommy! Bawoons are edeywhere!" Thankfully, he went back to sleep easily and helped us fill his room with the rest in the morning.
Daddy went in to work a little late this morning so we could eat a special birthday breakfast and Jackson could open his gifts from us.
See that birthday plate? I love it. My sister bought it right after I found out I was having a boy (which feels like a few weeks ago) and this was the first time he's used it. I'm looking forward to many more "I'm super special today!" occasions in the future!
I asked Jackson what he'd like to do this afternoon. I told him to pick anything he'd like to do with Mommy. I really expected the park since we've been the last two days due to the beautiful weather. He enthusiastically squealed, "Let's go bowling!" What? This kid cracks me up. I guess I'll learn to be more specific next time. Thankfully, he was happy to play outside instead.

I'll be posting party pictures soon. We had a fabulous time!

No comments:

Post a Comment