Monday, September 12, 2011

A "Very Hungry Caterpillar" Birthday

Jackson's second birthday party was so much fun planning and attending that I am sad it's over!

As a former first grade teacher (and forever child at heart) I LOVE children's literature. Jackson has had so much fun feeding his caterpillar as we read "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" by Eric Carle that the inspiration for our party theme was found. I was very excited about a literary theme and incorporating healthy foods.
Here are our invitations. Jackson helped me glue on the eyes and we hand delivered them.
Here are some of the decorations from the party. This is our friendship caterpillar. It is a picture of Jackson and each child who attended the party.
Birthday Banner (This was SO easy to make, I'll never buy another banner.)
Guest Tables
For those of you familiar with the story, I'm sure you guessed the little signs say "On ___day he ate ____, but he was still hungry."

(For the record, we hadn't finished slicing the apples when this picture was taken. We did end up with a full tray.)
Here are our party favors. I ordered these cookies from a local bakery, they did a fantastic job! (After making favor cookies for J's first birthday I swore I'd never make them again. Let's just say they took all day and weren't nearly this cute!)
The sign says: "The party is over. Can you believe I am TWO!? Thank you for coming, it was great to see you! Today was so special because you were here with me. Can't wait to see you next year, when I'll be turning three!"
Carrying a three foot long caterpillar cake in the middle of a tropical storm isn't easy, but he survived.

Here's a family shot. Please note my caterpillar, I get a little excited. ;)




I think Jackson had enough sugar to last him until next year.


On to Halloween planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment