Saturday, January 17, 2009

Big News











Today I am six weeks pregnant with my little bean. (The website says he/she is the size of a lentil bean, hence the nickname.) I wish I was able to upload the picture, but trust me...it's amazing! Praise God! How can anyone see this and not know there is a God? We are telling our families tomorrow and I can’t wait! (Literally I don’t know if I can wait.) We bought ultrasound picture frames for our parents but since we don’t have ultrasounds yet we took a picture of our positive tests and wrote “We’re pregnant!!! Picture coming January 28th.” I wrapped them in Christmas paper and plan to tell them it’s a late Christmas present.
I keep imagining their reaction, if it is anything like mine they will be overjoyed and in complete shock. I bought my sisters each an “I love my Aunt!” bib. One is pink and one is blue, we’ll see which one we’ll need. :) I know they are going to be thrilled by this news. I just want to tell everyone! I feel like I am walking around with the most wonderful secret. (Kind of like Clark Kent, except I can’t leap buildings... but hey, I’d take my little bean over leaping buildings any day.) I only have 10 more days until our appointment and after we hear the heartbeat and see our angel I will be ready to share the news with everyone. I realize that telling our families is taking a risk (the whole county could know by the end of the day) but it’s a chance I am willing to take. I want them to share in this experience from beginning to end! This baby is so loved. I hope he/she always knows that.


Dear Sweet Savior,
I am speechless. You heard my prayers and blessed me with a miracle, I praise your name. I ask that you touch my body and my baby and be with us throughout this pregnancy to bring a healthy child. Thank you for your many blessings. I will do my best to honor you as a mother. I love you and I trust you more than ever. Be with my little bean God, now and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment