Saturday, January 31, 2009

First Ultrasound

So, we had our first ultrasound on Wednesday. I was so excited (and anxious) all day. I think those last few hours crawled by before our appointment. Daniel met me at the doctor’s office and they got us in pretty fast. I was holding my breath and praying and then there he/she was! It was amazing. I was a mess! I couldn’t stop crying as I saw our child for the first time. (Granted he/she looked more like a tiny cotton ball but at that moment all my worries melted away and I knew everything was going to be okay.)
They thought that I was seven weeks, five days pregnant and it turns out I was only five weeks, five days…a whole two weeks earlier than they thought! (I knew I was earlier, but two weeks…wow!) So my due date has changed from September 11th (I welcome the change!) to September 25th. I am surprised I even got a positive pregnancy test when I did. Because I am so early we were unable to hear the heartbeat but we did see it flickering on the screen. It was magical. We have another appointment for next Thursday to hear the heartbeat and as soon as we hear that glorious sound (which will be music to our ears) we are ready to announce our wonderful news to everyone. (I am wondering if our parents and my sisters are going to be able to wait this long!) I am so happy! Thank you Jesus for this precious child!
P.S. Since I am now only six weeks and one day all my old posts are wrong so we have to back track. I feel like my pregnancy is standing still for two weeks because I have already read everything through eight weeks. We are back to a lentil bean.

No comments:

Post a Comment