Thursday, January 15, 2009

We're PREGNANT!!!




I just took a pregnancy test at about 5:15 this morning and it was POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had two tests and I tried to take the second one but I was so excited that my bladder refused to cooperate. I went to the drug store to buy another test but they were closed, so I went to the grocery store. I bought a $20.00 digital test this time (call me cheap, but twenty dollars is a lot to pay for something you pee on). I came home and took it and it said “PREGNANT”! I am in total shock (I don’t think my shock compares to Daniel’s though). I am trying to remain calm and have decided to take the day off to go to the doctor. (I am sick too, maybe this is why.) Thank you Jesus for hearing our prayers! You are so faithful!
I had my first doctor’s appointment today at 2:45. When they confirmed my pregnancy I cried. I am so happy. Dr. Wells said she thinks my due date is around September 11, 2009. I think it may be later since my cycle is messed up, but we’ll see. According to her I am 5 weeks and 6 days pregnant. I am scheduled to have my first ultrasound and hear our baby’s heartbeat on Wednesday, January 28th. I CANNOT wait!!!! Dr. Wells suggested that we wait to tell everyone until after we hear the heartbeat. She said the chance of miscarriage after hearing the heartbeat is around 8%, I guess she saw the look on my face because she then said “but your chances of a healthy pregnancy are very good because of your age and health”.
Can I really wait 13 more days to tell anyone that I am pregnant? I don’t know. I am going to try and talk Daniel into letting me tell someone. I am dying to tell, but the thought of presenting our families with an ultrasound on the 28th thrills me.
“To God be the glory, great things He has done…” I am so thankful for our little sesame seed sized miracle!

No comments:

Post a Comment