Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day Fifteen SOAP

Scripture(s)-
Numbers 11:5-6 "We remember the fish we used to eat for free in Egypt. And we had all the cucumbers, melons, leeks, onions and garlic we wanted. But now our appetites are gone. All we ever see is this manna!"
Numbers 21:5 "...we hate this horrible manna!"

Observation- The Israelites seem to forget so quickly all that God has done for them- setting them free, making them a nation, performing miracle after miracle. Are they seriously whining about not having melons? They are forgetting what God has done and is doing all because they are so wrapped up in what He isn't doing for them.

Application- It is so easy for me to judge the Israelites. What their problem? Where's their faith!? Have they already forgotten what happened to the last group that questioned God? They have seen God's presence and heard his voice, he rains down food from heaven for them for goodness sake! If I step down from my high-horse and am honest with myself, I know I can relate to their lack of faith, ingratitude and WHINING. There are so many moments when I let unfulfilled desires (often petty ones) cause me to forget all the gifts God has given me.

Prayer-Merciful Savior, Forgive me when I'm selfish and ungrateful. May I never forget that you are the same God that delivered the Israelites. Thank you providing me with what I need, when I need it. I pray to develop a thankful heart that is not circumstantial.

No comments:

Post a Comment