Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day Nine

My sweet husband made my day yesterday with this bible marking kit. I hope my bible looks like a rainbow at the end of these eighteen weeks! I find myself looking forward to this special time throughout the day. There’s something so calming and rejuvenating about this little spot for me.

I wish each of you could attend our weekly meetings! It is such a neat time where we discuss what God has revealed to us in our reading or questions that we may have. It is so amazing how so many people can read the same verses but God will draw a different one to each person’s attention. Reading through the bible with the support of a group is SO much better than doing it alone, I am having a blast!

God is opening doors right and left through this study. Our small group started with three people and so far we have had eighteen join us as of yesterday’s meeting. (I love that those in our group range in age from 20s to 70s!) This doesn’t include the countless people who are reading along with us but are unable to make it to our meetings (well over a dozen people that I’m aware of). Two ladies in our group are going to begin leading groups at different times and locations to open the door for those who are eager to study God’s word and long for the accountability and encouragement that a small group offers. (PRAISE GOD!) Chances are, one of these groups may interest you. Don’t hesitate to contact me for more information.

I love what Amy had to say here, on her Day 8 SOAP. I completely agree with her about the content being challenging. For those of you in our small group, you may remember me mentioning “hitting the wall like in a marathon”…well, here we go! These next few weeks were some of the most difficult for me. On days that I find less-than-inspirational, I remind myself that every word is God-breathed and there for me to read. We can do this! At the end of our journey, we will be changed and SO glad we stuck it out.

For you visual learners who wish the bible had illustrations, like me, here’s an image of the tabernacle that helped give me some perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment